On one side, I've built a great desk corner with plenty of power and more than enough AC to keep me cool when it's over 100F out.
On the other side, I've built an awesome lab bench for small electronics projects and battery builds.
It all started with this.
That's an 8'x12' Tuff Shed Premier Pro Studio. I spent around three and a half weeks turning it into my very own office.
- Aggressive insulation for year round use: 3.5" of rock wool (5.5" in the ceiling), plus 2" of foamboard on all walls and the ceiling.
- Plywood interior walls, because I think they look good and they make it easy to mount things.
- 2kW of solar panels on swinging mounts for power.
- 12kWh of Trojan T105RE batteries in a 48v bank for storage.
- A 2kW Aims Power inverter for 110v power.
- A through-wall heat pump for cooling and heating.
- Desk space, wall mounted monitors, a lab bench, and plenty of shelving.
Keep reading for a summary of the entire process!